CANBERRA GAME FISHING CLUB INCORPORATED
|Senior Partner for family couple||$140.00|
|Junior/Small Fry membership||$10.00|
(b) Family membership comprises 2 adults at the same address.
(c) Junior/Small fry membership – up to and including 15 years of age.
(e) Fees are due on the first day of June each year.
(f) All levies struck shall be applicable to all financial members at that date and, at the discretion of the committee, be payable by new members at a level and for a period, set down by the committee.
- INTRODUCTORY MEMBERSHIP
A boat owner Club member shall be empowered to allow a potential new Club member to fish on his/her boat as an “Introductory Member” to enable that potential new member to “try game fishing”. This membership category can be accessed by an individual on one occasion ONLY. The applicable fee for this category of membership must be paid to the boat owner prior to commencing fishing and that fee must be passed to the Club Secretary or Treasurer as soon as possible by the boat owner.
(a) A General Meeting will be held on the second Tuesday in each month excepting January and July.
(b) An Annual General Meeting shall be held once in every calendar year.
(c) A Committee Meeting will generally be held on the second Tuesday in each month excepting January and July, or as determined by the Club President.
- WEIGHT RECORDING
(a) Where possible a committee member of the Canberra GFC shall weigh and check all captures submitted by a member. They shall then, if satisfied, sign a capture certificate.
(b) If a committee member is not present, the member may weigh the fish on any Government tested scale, and the capture may be recorded on an official capture certificate and independently witnessed.
- CAPTURE CERTIFICATES
(a) The Committee shall have printed and made available to members, at a reasonable cost, capture certificates numbered in book form.
(b) All capture certificates, after complying with BY-Law 3 and all tag cards, must be lodged with the Secretary within 10 days of the end of the month of capture or tag and release.
(c) Where circumstances prevent the lodgement of a capture certificate or tag card by the due date, the member should contact the Secretary with details of the capture or tag and release and lodge the capture certificate or tag card as soon as possible, but no later than the end of the month following the capture or tag and release.
(d) Any capture certificate or tag card not received by the Secretary by the due dates (By-Laws 4(b) and 4(c)) will only be recognised in extenuating circumstances to the satisfaction of the Committee.
(e) The use of chokers is prohibited in the weighing of sharks. Sharks are to be weighed by the tail.
(f) Should a line test be conducted and the line break in excess of the line classification quoted on the capture certificate, the capture shall be transferred to the applicable (higher) line classification.
- FISHING RULES AND TROPHIES
(a) Club waters: These are the waters between a line due east of the Kiama Light to a line due east of the NSW/Vic border (as Southern Zone NSWGFA). Captures and tag and releases made by members competing in the NSWGFA Interclub are also defined as having been made in Club Waters.
(b) Other Waters: These are all waters outside Club Waters including overseas.
(c) Fishing Times:
Normal Club Season: This runs from 1st June to the following 31st May, and includes all days between.
Other Waters Season: This runs from 1st June to the following 31st May and includes all days between.
Southern Zone Season: This runs from 1st June to the following 31st May. Allowable fishing days are the second and fourth weekends in each month and one of the nominated tournaments from each of the Southern Zone Clubs.
(d) Club Trophies: The Club has two types of trophies – perpetual and annual. All trophies excepting Other Waters and Southern Zone Cock O’the Walk Season trophies are awarded for captures or tag and release made in Club Waters during Normal Club Season.
- Champion boat captures
- 3D Trophy: Champion Angler T&R
- Fay Dunkley Memorial Trophy: T&R Lady Angler
- Glaskin Plaque: T&R Junior
- Starfire Trophy: 1st Marlin T&R for Season
- Ken Edwards Memorial Trophy: T&R Boat
- Barely Legal Trophy: T&R Trailer Boat
- Challenge Trophy: T&R Boat (Sthn Zone Weekends)
- CGFC Trophy: Champion Angler Captures.
- Ken Webber Trophy: 1st Marlin Captured for Season.
- Ken Aldridge Trophy: Heaviest Marlin Captured for Season
- Adrian and Margaret Crothers Trophy: Heaviest Capture by a Lady Angler
- Ultimate Trophy: Heaviest Capture by a Junior Angler
- The Yan Cup: Heaviest Yellowfin Tuna for Season.
- Bill Abbott Shield: Heaviest Tuna on 6kg Line for Season.
- Paul Anderson Shield: Heaviest Shark for Season.
- Solo 2 Shield: Heaviest Other Game Fish
- Barely Legal Trophy: Heaviest Capture on a Trailer Boat
- Norman Trophy: Most Meritorious Capture
Southern Zone Categories: (Note: all trophies based on Zone point score system)
- Highest Point Score Boat – Captures – Cock O’ Walk
- Highest Point Score Angler – Captures – Cock O’ Walk
- Highest Point Score Boat – T&R – Cock O’ Walk
- Highest Point Score Angler – T&R – Cock O’ Walk
Other Waters Categories
- Heaviest Capture
- T&R Angler
- Heaviest Capture – June Long Weekend
- T&R Boat – June Long Weekend
- T&R Angler – June Long Weekend
- Heaviest Capture – January Long Weekend
- T&R Boat – January Long Weekend
- T&R Angler – January Long Weekend
- Heaviest Capture – Easter Long Weekend
- T&R Boat – Easter Long Weekend
- T&R Angler – Easter Long Weekend
- President’s Award – Bermi Bash
- T&R Boat – Bermi Bash
- T&R Angler – Bermi Bash
- Club Person of the Year (non-Committee Member)
- Encouragement Award
- Southern Zone Trophies (as awarded by Southern Zone)
- NSWGFA Coastal Waters Trophies (as awarded by NSWGFA)
The Other Waters trophies are awarded for capture and tag and release made in Other Waters during the Season.
(e) Members of other Clubs fishing on Canberra GFC boats: Captures and tag and release made by financial members of clubs affiliated with GFAA, while fishing on a Canberra GFC boat, count towards Champion Boat and Tag and Release Boat trophies only.
(f) Restrictions Applying to Honorary members: As per Section 3(g) of the Constitution, Honorary Members are not eligible to win a Club trophy. Capture and tag and release points awarded to Honorary Members, while fishing on a Canberra GFC boat, count towards Champion Boat and Tag and Release Boat trophies only.
(g) Restrictions Applying to Dual Membership of GFAA Affiliated Clubs: It is the responsibility of Canberra GFC members belonging to one or more other GFAA affiliated clubs, when fishing in open competition (including Southern Zone NSWGFA), to nominate the club they wish to fish for. If Canberra GFC is NOT nominated, captures and tag and releases made during such competition are ineligible for Canberra GFC.
(a) A design approved by the Committee shall be the insignia of the Club. Such insignia may be reproduced on the club stationery, flag and generally where considered suitable.
(b) Where possible, the appropriate flags should be flown for captures and/or tag and release.
- SAFETY PRECAUTIONS
(a) All boats fishing under the auspices of the Canberra GFC shall comply with all requirements of the NSW Maritime Services Board.
(b) The responsibility for meeting the safety requirements as listed in By-Law 7(a) shall be in the hands of the boat skipper.
(c) All boats are to carry a serviceable 27 Mhz and/or VHF marine radio fitted with such channels as may be approved by the appropriate Government Agency from time to time.
(d) All boat owners/skippers are advised that nothing stated in any part of the By-Laws relieves them of responsibility for strict observance of the mandatory safety requirements of the appropriate State or other authority.
- BOAT REGISTER
(a) The Secretary shall keep a register of boats affiliated with the Canberra Game Fishing Club Inc which will include a description and licensed capacity of the vessel and safety equipment kept on board.
(b) Should a skipper/owner change boats during the game fishing season, points accumulated to the date of the change of boat will be treated as follows for Club point score purposes:
1) If the new vessel is the same category trailer boat (length of 7.1 meters or less) or moored – any points accumulated will carry forward to the new vessel.
2) If changing from a trailer boat to a moored vessel, the skipper/owner will be given the option to either:
- a) carry any points forward to the new vessel and relinquish any claim to trailer boat trophies’
- b) retain any points accumulated as trailer boat points for the old boat and start from zero points with the new vessel.
3) If changing from a moored vessel to a trailer boat, the skipper/owner will be given the option to either:
- a) carry any points forward to the new vessel for overall trophies only and relinquish any claim to trailer boat trophies
- b) retain any points accumulated as overall category only and start from zero in the trailer boat category.
The Club will provide such delegations to National, State and Zone as are required by Clause 9 of the NSWGFA Constitution, and further, shall compete according to the Zone format as a member club of the NSWGFA Southern Zone.